Day 9


I awoke this morning to the sounds of elk and coyote chattering in the area surrounding our campsite – somewhere around 4:50 to 5:30 AM. A personal best for me was completing a three-mile run around the campsite and part of an old logging trail. I made it back by 6:15 to set up breakfast.

  

After that, I assisted in the execution of a mouse that had the misfortune of filling up on food in the RV. I volunteered to assemble live traps this evening to avoid having a repeat of this particular event. By the time we left camp at 7:45, I’d had a pretty full day!

--

The first [planned] adventure of the day was hiking the Deschutes River Trail, another three miles of beautiful scenery. Following our morning hike, our entire group was treated to showers, electricity, WiFi, and burgers/brats/veggie burger goodness, courtesy of Joy and Rick, two of Dr. Black’s longtime friends. It was incredibly kind of them to share their house with us. We spent the bulk of the afternoon in luxury getting our blogs up to date, enjoying the air conditioning.

--

  

  

--

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11

Day 12